Bits wanted for my first retro project!

Gonzalez

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok I'm building a bike for the missus and it's my first bike build, I currently have a nice purple/blue muddy fox frame and forks courtesy of the very helpful Gravy Monster, and a nice new looking white saddle from the The Boy.

I have an LX front mech and black scott bars.

I need:
Chainset, headset, wheels, brakes, rear mech n thumbies.
I'm looking for decent bits in good nick that can be serviced, I don't have much money to spend but plenty of elbow grease. The frame is quite heavy so want to get lighter bits if I can for her.
If anyone could help with parts and/or advice then that would be great, I know there are some really helpful people on here :D
The missus will be "ahem" greatly appreciative to all who help i'm sure, she can make good cookies n will no doubt post to all concerned! - or send with me to the Peaks meet, so see ya there. :D

what size headset ?threaded or ahead ? 7 or 8 speed? sorry to sound picky but we need this info to help out ;)

I don't know Dave! don't confuse me..... btw cheers for the headlamp/helmet lend, it was you wasn't it?

If I go with the origianl forks then I think its a 1 1/8 threaded.
Don't know about the gears, want to keep it pretty period, so would it be 7 speed for a muddy fox sorcerer?

Yea the MF will be 7 speed, originally Deore LX with STI push push

I am going to have a dig about and im pretty sure I have the original rear mech and original silver cantilevers.

Gonzalez":1zat2xwf said:
Gravy ya gonna get a lifetime supply of cakes n cookies if you go to the peaks meet!

I have been seriusly thinking of doing this meet, now you have really left me with little choice :cool:

Back