suntour xc pro rear hub

drifting james

Old School Hero
Hi,
am after a rear suntour xc pro hub in very good condition.

not too troubled by numer of holes in the hub flange

However spacing (locknut to locknut must be 130mm and not the norm of 135mm.

Can anyone help? Please message me piccies if you can

J

drifting james":2zezlavq said:
am after a rear suntour xc pro hub in very good condition.

However spacing (locknut to locknut must be 130mm and not the norm of 135mm.

Do you need screw-on or cassette? I'll keep 'em peeled...

If it's for a steel frame, you could probably get the rear end cold-set to 135mm which might make your hunt easier. Or, you could probably re-space a 135 hub pretty easily if you can get the right length axle.

Dr. Matt...

drifting james":qhp4ck4n said:
130 please.

hadn't given too much though for cassette or screw on. would consider either but prefer cassette

Thanks
J

You sure on the cassette ? They're a bugger and costly to get hold of.

Now you've said that... not too sure.
but I really want a hub in v good nick - and 'beggers cannae be choosers'

I was kinda hoping to get back this evening and have 30+ posts offering me a hub for £2. That hasn't happened so I'm just interested to know what there is.

It is for a steel frame, but must be 130mm. bending out the rear stays just seems wrong. When the man at Raleigh Special Products built my frame (lovingly) with absolute precision, I can't help think is isn;t right to force in the wrong size hub.

drifting james":3v217bvc said:
I was kinda hoping to get back this evening and have 30+ posts offering me a hub for £2. That hasn't happened so I'm just interested to know what there is.

They're not that uncommon, a 135mm cassette version just went for 7euro on ebay.de. Screw-on versions are rarer, my only XC Pro rear hub is a screw-on though.

Cassette hubs are more common, but the cassettes themselves are usually high-ish BIN or go fairly high especially if they're NOS or minty. Remember there are three types of cassettes / hubs: standard 7sp, MicroDrive 7sp and MicroDrive 8sp.

If you are going with pre-PowerFlo SunTour cogs for a rider, I'd recommend Gore Ride-On cables or something similar to keep the shifting sweet.

drifting james":3v217bvc said:
It is for a steel frame, but must be 130mm. bending out the rear stays just seems wrong. When the man at Raleigh Special Products built my frame (lovingly) with absolute precision, I can't help think is isn;t right to force in the wrong size hub.

Cold set it to 135mm: http://pages.citebite.com/f1w6j3x5e9ggu

Seriously, it's the way to go, and done right, it won't damage your frame at all. I don't think I've ever seen a 130mm spaced XC Pro rear in the UK, don't even know if they ever existed.

Cheers,

Dr Matt...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think they existed. So far though I have only managed to find an XC comp 130mm - but the quest continues...

7 speed (non microdrive) is what I am on the lookout for.

Thanks for the link on cold setting frames. If I have no luck in the near future, it may be something I go for...

drifting james":360lqvy5 said:
I think they existed. So far though I have only managed to find an XC comp 130mm - but the quest continues...

MOMBAT to the rescue:

http://www.mombat.org/Suntour.htm

You're right, 130mm versions were available in 6-speed, 7-speed, 7-speed MicroDrive and screw-on versions at various points. Best of luck :D

Dr. Matt...

Back