V Brakes for post mounted brake blocks.

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
I wish to convert my Raleigh Alaska to V Brakes but the brake mounting posts are further apart than on modern bikes. They originally fitted cantilever brakes with the post mounted brake blocks. In order to close the gap I need V brakes with post mounted brake blocks like you got in the past but I wish to avoid cheapo types in favour of better quality.
I have been told that some of the mid 90's Shimano LX that came before the M600 brakes were of the post mounted variety which would be ideal. I did have cheapo post mounted brakes back in the past and thus I know why I want to avoid these.

Cheers Velo

You'll want the STX-RC levers, like these, the only ones I know of that are of reasonable quality and have canti style pad mounting (which I assume you are looking for?)

!BUcSCmwBmk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmYg(TBKNkNdEH7Q~~_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1PR-SHIMANO-STX-R ... tsupported

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Velo it was a pair of those I had and not LX

i have those on my fire mountain and they are decent brakes for the money

I'm watching them but they cost more than the complete bike did so provided no one snaffles them and I cannot find an alternative I'll get those.

Cheers

Velo

Back