Bike Swap

gibbon_rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello.

I have a (slightly) odd proposition for someone. The company I work for operates the cycle to work scheme. Which effectively means I get a brand new bike half price from Evans cycles. And I've got a voucher already for this years bike. But now I’ve found this site, and realised I don’t have to have a new bike, I can have one of the bikes I fantasised about as a teenager long ago.

Which means I no longer want a new bike. And Evans won’t let me give them a retro frame and have them build me up a single speed warrior. :x

So I either have to buy a new bike, and switch all of the parts onto a frame I find from here/ebay. Or I can swap someone’s retro love for a brand spanking new bike. Which is preferable.

I realise that this may not appeal to many of you, but is there anyone out there with a steel tubed retro beauty that I could swap for any brand new bike that Evans sells worth £800 or under (take your pick on colours, sizes etc.). Not for everyone I appreciate, but someone may want the parts list if nothing else. Most appealing bike offered in exchange wins.

When drawing up lists of my perfect bike back in the day, the frame was often a Fat Chance Yo Eddy. But sometimes a Dave Yates donkisnob. Or Chas Roberts Dogs Bollx. And although it’s not steel, a Pace RC100 often crept onto the list….. So one of those a base would be amazing. But would listen to any offers.

I’m 6’2 and so ride an 18/19” bike. That’s the most important bit. But it’s going to be used to ride to work, and so doesn’t need suspension particularly. Doesn’t need to currently be singlespeed. But if it is, that’s a plus. And I’d like your bike to be as minty as possible.

Anyone interested?

you do realise that technically the bike you get from evans is owned by your company until you have finished paying for it, which sort of means you'd be stealing your own bike to swap it, sort of.

just thought i'd point that out, i've done the cycle scheme myself.

also, i think the list of shiny stuff you might want in return (yo eddy/pace etc) you won't get for swapping an £800 modern bike. and in a size to fit 6'2" you'll be lucky to find those bikes.

but good luck with the search/swap though. but prizing a pride and joy retrobike from a retrorider will be very hard!!

:D

Back