Pre-EVO Magura Hydrostop Canti Adapters

DoctorRad

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a set of Pre-EVO Magura adapters which I've taken a file to so I can run them upside down on the U-brake bosses of my old '92 Xizang. Trouble is, they don't get the pads close enough to the rim. The ones I have are type 'D' from an early 90s Saracen.

So, I'm after a pair of the old style adapters which I can similarly butcher but which will put the pads closer to the rim. I seem to remember there were different types of adapter depending on how far the canti bosses were from the rim, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

top right of this pic are pre-EVO (1990-91 mounts)...less adjustment than EVO's though.

Attachments

• dscf1544_resize_199.jpg
    dscf1544_resize_199.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 503
neilll":1vrz72d5 said:
top right of this pic are pre-EVO (1990-91 mounts)...less adjustment than EVO's though.

What letter do they have stamped / cast into them though? Mine are D1 / D2 and those look the same.

DoctorRad":20bngwhn said:
neilll":20bngwhn said:

What letter do they have stamped / cast into them though? Mine are D1 / D2 and those look the same.

I'll dig then out and check...

I did think though that there was only four types of Magura mounts, do you think there's more then?

neilll":1ph70fpq said:
I'll dig then out and check...

I did think though that there was only four types of Magura mounts, do you think there's more then?

Pre-EVO days, there were different types depending on the horizontal boss-to-rim distance, each with different letter designations. 'D' were I think by far the most common, but I saw at least one other type in the flesh BITD.

DoctorRad":2vg4ywqw said:
Pre-EVO days, there were different types depending on the horizontal boss-to-rim distance, each with different letter designations. 'D' were I think by far the most common, but I saw at least one other type in the flesh BITD.

Thanks that's interesting....I'll check mine over the weekend and let you know, most likely the same as yours though...they were factory fitted on a 1991 Saracen I still own.

Latest posts

Back