Early 1990's Trek part urgently needed **SORTED**

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Dunno what this is called but I urgently require one for a frame with no braze on cable stop so I can run a BP front mech....can anyone help?

These were fitted to Trek 8500's BITD

(not my dog hair by the way :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

(no I don't own a Trek ;) )

Attachments

• 3_192.jpg
    3_192.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,516
FluffyChicken":1m6wu89a said:
Where on the frame does it go... (trying to think how it helps run a b.p. front mech ?)

Like this mate ;)

Attachments

• 8_195.jpg
    8_195.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,508
That's novel, never seen it before. I assume the other end of the cable bolt into a nut in the frame somewhere.

Seem to remember hub (sturmey) gears doing something similar or maybe it was a petrol lawnmower throttle.

FluffyChicken":3qrjuz7j said:
That's novel, never seen it before. I assume the other end of the cable bolt into a nut in the frame somewhere.

Loops round a bolt and back up to mech....the cable stays still and the outer moves ( :shock: ) so I've been told.....I think I know how it works but yeah, its weird.

Sure should do, allowing you to run a BP mech from a top tube routing. Was gonna suggest the same. .
Or, set up an ebay search for a yeti front mech. They had an XT with a similar arrangement to what you spotted on the trek, prior to them moving to rollers.
Having used all solutions listed above, I can confirm they all work ok. Just a question of what 'suits' your build. . and I think I know which one its for ;) and a TP f/mech probably isn't for you :)

elite504":1pb0p2vw said:
Having used all solutions listed above, I can confirm they all work ok. Just a question of what 'suits' your build. . and I think I know which one its for ;) and a TP f/mech probably isn't for you :)

There's no TP cable stop on the frame, its pre TP :cry:

Might be asking you to fab me one of these parts dude....do you have the magic machines to make one of these gizmos?

Back