Square taper chainset / Middleburn swap

jimmy5willy

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Looking for higher end shimano (LX/XT) or middleburn, raceface. Only restriction is the outer chainring must have a diameter of less than 190mm. This I think limits me to a 42t. Maybe 44t at a push.

Going onto a 97/98 Giant ATX 900, so that sort of era please.

Threads and teeth need to be ok.

I have a Middleburn chainset (RS4 I think), that I could swap. Silver with blue 5 arm spider. 3 rings, 46t outher ring. Rings are used. Rings are Shimano, not Middleburns. Granny ring not fitted, -I don't have the bolts, but didn't use it so left it in the truck. Bolts are a couple of quid on ebay. Choose your color!
Generally tidy though.
Otherwise this'll be sold to cover costs.

What you got?

This is the deciding factor on whether or not I have a bike for Brighton Big Dog!! Help a brother out. :LOL:

Picture on request.

xxx

4879_195555905540_717250540_7422671_7956751_n.jpg

I have a compact square taper White Industries crankset, but it has no chainrings. I have a Shimano outer chainring I could chuck in but no middle or inner. PM me if interests you :)

jimmy5willy":1ai8j20y said:
Have you got a picture so I know what you're on about?
Not familiar with them.

Not a complete one, but they're US made forged alloy cranks in a polished finish. Drop me a PM if you want any more info.

DSC00449.jpg

How about LX with middleburn rings?
The black cranks would polish up nicely with a bit of effort :D

IMG_0233.jpg

murf":h0nummep said:
How about LX with middleburn rings?
The black cranks would polish up nicely with a bit of effort :D

No thanks, them are a bit too far gone for me! Heel scuffs are ok, but I don't want to be getting out the wet and dry. ;)

Back