97/98 Stumpjumper

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Please be gentle with me, this is my 1st posting!
Wanted; '97 - '98 Stumpjumper 18" or 19" M2 frame. I don't need any components, but a Strongarm Crank would be nice. Mango orange would be preferable.

Thanks

Pip

Yup... I like the mango too, but I have this greeny for sale....its very very very tidy. Any good?
£150 frame only...well, including headest seat post and clamp...stem too if you want it.
Carl
Ebaystuff1001.jpg

Ebaystuff996.jpg

Ebaystuff999.jpg

Ebaystuff1003.jpg

Still looking

Carl's the man, and has sorted me with a Stumpy M2 frame. I'm still interested however in anything similar - particularly an S-Works.

Oh blimey mate what a beauty - you do spoil me! I'd need to pop some gears onto that, as I'm not hard as nails like you single speed guys must be. Seriously though, is there a great deal of difference in weight between a standard M2 X butted and an S-Works Stumpy frame? Did they both generally get lighter each year?
If I do build another version up after Greeny, I'd like to find out a bit more about each model. There's a small amount of information on page 49 of the book Stumpjumper 25 Years of Mountain Biking, but not alot of detail. BikePedia gives some information that is useful, but I'm sure you and the other guys on here may know more.
Pip.

hi ,

i have this frame for sale , 1995 team S work in red , size is 17.5 c to c .

main.php

good condition , no dent or crack .

will sell with specialized seat post , matching stem and can leave the specialized chainset too for £200 posted to the uk

Hi cchris2lou,
I'm definitely still thinking about getting another Stumpy, but initially need to recuperate with my funds while looking into the whole history a bit more. I found a thread on this site with an explanation on some of the history, but I think it fair to say that it is a little tricky attempting to document such a piece. I find that BikePedia gets a bit cluttered with trying to open multiple pages and clicking between them.
I'm sure newbie here will get there eventually with what I'm trying to achieve.
Pip.

I have asked about this Mango
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123
Hello Carl,
The frame from center of the bottom bracket ( where the chain
ring and peddles go.) to the top of the seat tube is 19".
Good condition. It has been ridden on long distance rides. Not
much off roading. Then just city cycling. Has been not used for a
couple of years.
The frame number is 8S4M02018 ON LEFT 1909 On Right
dropouts.
Text on bike is Specialized. Stumpjumper metal matrix M2.
It's incredibly light. Definitely the high end of Stump Jumpers.
With all gears and pedals and wheels it was appraised by Fudges Cycles in London two years ago for £1,500.
Thanks for your interest!
Too big for me but maybe of interest to you

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Stumpy

Hi Carl
Yeah, too big for me too :cry:
He offered me the frame for £100
Hard to tell from one pic but it looks good and it is mango :cool:

Jamie

Cheers boys & thanks,
I saw your reply Jamie in my Marketplace watch thread - you guys really do look after each other on here. You're both a credit to this site. From what I have learned, I'm guessing the frame number makes it a '98?
Pip.

Back