MANITOU 2 FORK SPARE PARTS NEEDED

ROACHMAN

Retro Newbie
I have just stripped down my forks for the first time in 10 years.
Needless to say in internal parts are in a sorry state and some need replacing.

Has anyone got the following

1.The long bolt that dangles out of the inner stanction.

2.The nut that skrews into the 1 above (contains the adjustment system)

3.The small external screw that holds the external adjuster in place that screws into 2

4. A set of elastomers pref med or soft

James

Hi Roachman, welcome aboard!
Unfortunately you'll find the earlier manitou 1 and 2 are kind of 'holy grail' stuf on here as far as spares go. The spares are no longer available. And the elastomers are hens teeth, I've been looking for 2 years, inclusing buying all of answers old stock, and just scoring Manitou 3/4/EFC and comp parts. . .

You're best bet is to try and find some well maintianed used forks on ebay.
If they've been kept away from thick oily grease and the forks haven't filled with water, chances are the elastomers are ok. Ask the seller to "bounce " the fork first!

Hi Roachman, welcome aboard!
Unfortunately you'll find the earlier manitou 1 and 2 are kind of 'holy grail' stuf on here as far as spares go. The spares are no longer available. And the elastomers are hens teeth, I've been looking for 2 years, inclusing buying all of answers old stock, and just scoring Manitou 3/4/EFC and comp parts. . .

You're best bet is to try and find some well maintianed used forks on ebay.
If they've been kept away from thick oily grease and the forks haven't filled with water, chances are the elastomers are ok. Ask the seller to "bounce " the fork first!

I think elastomers are available again. There was a topic in General chat a few months back. I also have a full fork (with nackered elastomers but complete apart from 1 top cap) that you can have for £30.

PM me if any use

Si

Back