Mag 30 Crown/steerer, XT M737 pivot bolt

Clifford

Retro Guru
Hi there,

I need some parts to keep my Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo RS going any help would be very much appreciated.

Rock Shox mag 30 crown/steerer 1 1/8 threaded

Pivot bolt for XT rear derailleur (M737)

Thanks in advance

Cliff

should it not be a Mag 20 or 21 crown + steerer? if you tell me the length, i perhaps can be of help to you......

greetz

Hi there,

I know there was a product recall on some Mag 30 forks due to the crown cracking, Mag 20/21 crown/steerer should work.

The steerer is 220mm from the bottom of the crown to the top of the tube. there is 197mm of tube from the bottom of the bearing to the top and 50mm of thread, the clamps are 1 inch.

Many thanks

Cliff

i will take a look if i can help you. have to measure.

but i've never heard of a Mag 30. do you have a picture of it? is it a special edition fork or something? i'm sure about a Mag 10 and a Mag 21. further i know of the specialized FSX series. and offcourse the RS 1.

greetz

To answer a question up there.

MAG30 is to MAG20 what the MAG10 is to MAG21

MAG20 is the fork that came before the MAG21 and setting the way for the gold colouring.

Good evening all,

Thank you for your replys

Pic as requested, as you can see my bike needs some TLC but is still good for the 18 mile commute each day.

Loving this site.

Cliff

Attachments

• S1051082.jpg
    S1051082.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,011
What's wrong witht the steerer you have there, looks in one piece. The recall was only based on a few claims, though I did break my MAG20 one :LOL: Of course I used the excuse to buy some nice new '94 MAG21 BiTD.

If you happen to have your serial number still on there (inside of the leg near the top iirc)
Item: Crowns on some 92 Mag 30 and Mag 20.
Defect: Cracking from corrosion, resulting in failure.
Identification: Forks with serial numbers between 27266-158841, with polished (not anodized) crown.

Hard to tell from the picture, but I thought it was this crown it applied to.

f13.jpg

Hi there

Found what left of the number can only make out #8??89 and the crown is polished, pic of the crack below.

There is nothing wrong with the steerer, do you know if it can it be removed from the crown with out too much hassle?

Thanks once again

Cliff

Attachments

• S1051080.jpg
    S1051080.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 996
That's buggered as they say.

As for removing steerer from the crown, unfortunatly I do not know
:)

Maybe it wasn't the crown in my piucture, your's look a lot like the newer style crowns though. Doesn't matter now, nothing going to fix it.

Back