Proshift parts needed 28/05/09 check last post!!

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

Please check last post for updated parts list requirements.

Please help me get my Proshift rear mech working. I am just after the pivot post spring part# 21 as shown in the instructions below.

I think perhaps a left or right (I am not sure which one) cantilever brake spring would probably work too, but as luck would have it I don't have one.

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Ed

proshift_mech_200.jpg

Precision_B_Proshift_instructions_4.jpg

you need to give outer diameter ( so that in goes freely in the hole) and possibly height ( of spires)

issue is that diameter can vary ( as for shimanos mechs !). I would rather go for one taken out of an old mech than a canti one :?

bduc61":qdhme3ig said:
you need to give outer diameter ( so that in goes freely in the hole) and possibly height ( of spires)

issue is that diameter can vary ( as for shimanos mechs !). I would rather go for one taken out of an old mech than a canti one :?

Ok, I will do this. Measurements to come tomorrow.

I'll bump this up as I wouldn't mind info on this as well. . .
Did you manage to sort it per chance??

^Thanks for asking and bumping elite, but I haven't sorted it yet. I got a shimano doner dérailleur for its spring but it was to long.

So I am back to square one and I need to find time to measure the other spring I have...

So here is a picture of the spring I need, finally. If you have anything remotely similar please let me know, as the one I tried already broke.

Approx. Dimensions

Wound clockwise.
18.5mm diameter
7mm height not including tangs (vertical spring end bits)
5mm vertical spring end
7mm vertical spring end
1.5mm wire diameter

I hope that all makes sense, please let me know if you can help. Maybe an old deraileur or brake you have, might have the spring I need.

Cheers

Ed

Attachments

• Parts 004.jpg
    Parts 004.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,220
i have made a replacement in the past using a stainless steel spoke ..its fairly easy with the basic of tools ....getting the diameter of the spring was the hardest part but i do promise u it works... :D

^ Thank you for the idea, I will give that a go if I can work out what tool I can use to wind the spoke.

However I have another idea. it would appear the spring under the rear derraileur mounting bolt on Shimano mechs might work. So I might try that too, if someone has a spare spring?

Cheers

just find a bolt the same size dia and wrap around with ya hand .the spoke bends quite easily so it wont be a prob. :cool:

Latest posts

Back