XT 737 Cantilever brakes

M737 Cantilever brakes

I'm still looking for these if anyone has a front and rear set complete with dust covers, fixing bolts and hopefully pads.

Re: M737 Cantilever brakes

PeterH":mbak0zub said:
I'm still looking for these if anyone has a front and rear set complete with dust covers, fixing bolts and hopefully pads.

Hi Peter, I have taken a set of XT cantilever brakes off my Diamond Back Axis (early/mid 90s), I am pretty certain that they are M737s (silver), will have a look today. Not sure what you mean by dust covers though? I had dust covers on the XT STI shifters? Cheers Ian

M737 Cantilever brakes

Hi Ian. Thanks for the note. 737 canti's were most definately fitted to the DB Axis of that time so i'm hoping you have them. FYI i want the canti's for my DBR Vertex TR.

In the attached pic you can see the dust cover around the fixing bolt, it is black in colour.
Cheers,
Peter.

Attachments

• M737 with dust cover.jpg
    M737 with dust cover.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,159
HI Peter,
I checked them out this afternoon, and they are BR M734's. I assume this was the XT number for the cantilever brakes as my crankset is XT, and is FC M730.
I wondered what the small black rings were for - I saw one when I got them out this afternoon to take a photo - I will have to check the box to see if there are any more in there. There were some washers, but I assume you can just get those from a hardware store, or motor parts place? Other than that as per the picture.

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,150
Back