WTD; Info please on 2 things!!

thejackal

Retro Guru
First up - what could cause "chain suck"? Could the cassette be too tght? I have just had a whhel built, everything seemed firn. Fitted the cassette and tightened it up. So far, so good. BTW, not so tight that I was straining etc. Fitted the whell, re-fit the chain, then everytime you spin the crank and then stop therear mech sort of fouls up and yhe chain is bashing the frame.

Secondly, having spent a while and a sum of money in obtaining a Curve crank, I find that the chainrings I have won't fit!! What will fit? It's a five arm job if that helps.

Many thanks

Thejackal

If it's a new real wheel then you may well find that the freehub will drag a little until its bedded in. This isn't really chainsuck which is where the chain doesn't release properly from the chainrings and follows up into the chainstay/chainring area and gets jammed.

I'd just rid around alot and over time the grease in the freehub will loosen up a bit and the freehub drag should stop (it's not a hope hub, is it?). In the meantime wrap an old inner tube around your chainstay!

Can't recall if the curves were atb or micro sized, but if the ones you have are too small get some STD ATB (104mm) sized rings, if too big get some Micro rings (94mm), can't help more than that!

Latest posts

Back