14.5" - 16" retro steel frame

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
Am currently trying to persuade the other half that the 17" Bontrager Privateer we have is just a bit too big for her (she's 5'5"), so looking for a similar quality frame but in the 14.5" - 16" size range, preferably with a 1" head tube to fit the RC36s we have. Will happily swap the Bonty for it if need be...

What ya got?

:)

I have test ridden my Kona Lava Dome frame and it is too small by a long shot for me! Thought I could get away with it but I was wrong.

It is 16" Kona size (about 14" real world) with a 1 1/8" head set.

I will sell it with P2's, Velocity stem, seat post and seat post clamp for £60 as the P2's need threading down a bit to fit.

My wife is 5' 5 1/2" and rides the same size Kona NuNu and thinks that's ace!

Will post a pic later this evening.

Cool...! Just out of interest, would you be willing to part with the bike as a whole? And any interest in the Bontrager? Or I may know of a '94 Kona AA in 18" size that may be available?

Yes I may part with the whole bike, see my gallery. It currently has Rock Shock Quadras on it and no brakes (yet). The only thing I won't sell are the bars as they were a present from my wife donkeys ago and I'll get in trouble! :LOL: Will put some old hyperlites on for sale, change 'em quick though :shock:

:LOL: I have a couple of bars here that would suit anyway...

So, does it have a threadless headset and stem on it at the mo, or did you get the Quadras threaded? And how much would you be looking for for it?

Right,
The Kona is as follows:

Classic Joe Murray LavaDome resprayed a few years back by Argos in Powder Blue enamel it has been chipped and touched up in places.
Rockshock Quadras
Bontrager Pin
Deore DX Cranks, Hubs, Thumbies.
Deore XT R mech, F mech, Block 12 - 28 7 speed.
Middleburn 24/36/48 rings.
Wellgo SPD's or Diamond back Flatties as desired.
Campagnolo Atek rims.
Panaracer XC Pro tyres.
Gold Anodised bolts (Set off the blue a treat)
DiaCompe AheadSet, very smooth.
X-Lite Crank bolts Quick Releases and bar ends.

It needs brakes, and a shorter stem I would imagine. It has a girls saddle on it, that's new.

To be honest I have no idea of the value, £250 or swap for a Dyna Tech mountainbike frame :D

Pic's posted, shame the Bonty is too small for me...
...Oh go on, what does the frame measure BB to top of seat tube and top tube length...

Yo Sticks!
If Grade A is not up for it I would be- I have two Stumpjumper Comp frames coming over from the States but I need something for my youngest girl- seems like that would suit.....

Otherwise I'm going to have to sacrifice a Stumpie!!

KOTSM

That's a bit above my budget at the mo, but may well be interested in just frame, BB, post, saddle, Quadras and headset - I can strip the AA I mentioned for the rest of the bits!

BTW, your Clockwork's looking good! :cool:

Back