Fat Chance Buckshaver

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok so I sold a Buckshaver here recently, it was too small. But I loved it and gave it the treatment for sure.

Anyone got a 94 Buck frame in Large? Gotta be 94...probably one of the last of the handbuilt ones.

Anyway, here’s hoping

Re:

So maybe a 94 isn’t so essential. At this rate I will take what I can get, as long as the size is right. I had to let mine go as I couldn’t ride it comfortably.

Re:

Never any point buying the wrong size bike no matter if its cheap, unless its just to collect, you will never be happy with it.

@ Prodigal. They ride slightly differently as the design specs are different. I prefer the Somerville made wishbone seat stay Ti bikes as they are stiffer but still comfy. The NY Ti ones are a little softer by comparison but still gorgeous to ride. Its just a matter of personal preference methinks.

Re: Re:

M-Power":khjkwjwl said:
Never any point buying the wrong size bike no matter if its cheap, unless its just to collect, you will never be happy with it.

Yep agreed

M-Power":3d8955z3 said:

@ Prodigal. They ride slightly differently as the design specs are different. I prefer the Somerville made wishbone seat stay Ti bikes as they are stiffer but still comfy. The NY Ti ones are a little softer by comparison but still gorgeous to ride. Its just a matter of personal preference methinks.

Report on steel ones is NY made is a better bike. I only have a sommerville wicked and it´s a mistery to me how such a simple bike w/not so much clearance for fat tires can ride so good in technical singletrack. Balance on fat city bikes is unbelievable.

Tom79":2mob5dxs said:
M-Power":2mob5dxs said:

Yep agreed

I would look for a 95>99 Yo w/ a BOI fork no matter what it costs.

Prodigal Son":3ckvek9v said:
Tom79":3ckvek9v said:
M-Power":3ckvek9v said:

Yep agreed

I would look for a 95>99 Yo w/ a BOI fork no matter what it costs.

Sadly at the moment I do have to worry about cost - if I didn’t I’d want a Ti as it’s always been my grail bike.

Back