WTD: Seatpin - 30.9mm x 450mm - Black -SORTED

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello there

SORTED - Many thanks

Anyone got a super-long 30.9 seatpin out there - ideally in black?

Could use one for the short-term, as my son has outgrown his Specialized MTB, and the current one is already a beyond the min insertion line!?!

Many thanks

Re: WTD: Seatpin - 30.9mm x 450mm - Black

jez-4-bikes-max":2jc7ongw said:
I have a nice syncros 420mm one for sale but probably too bling?

£40

Thank you for the reply. It is far too nice for this old Rockhopper!

It's just an old bike, that he uses to commute to work on nice days, and just needs an old Kalloy-type post to replace what is presently fitted.... But with more length.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":23mvgn01 said:
Would this Kore one be any good....? (page down for pics)

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=400755

I know you need longer, really, but this is pretty long and may work :cool:

I've just asked the question on the thread, and only just noticed that you are the thread owner! :facepalm:

What's the full length of it? If it's long enough, I think I'll be having this off you!

Re:

:LOL:

It's somewhere between 395mm and 400mm, depending what angle the saddle cradle is at....! I think to be honest you are going to struggle to get one much longer, I know I had the same issue with my RockHopper and opted for a silver eBay cheapie...

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":1s4y1f99 said:
:LOL:

It's somewhere between 395mm and 400mm, depending what angle the saddle cradle is at....! I think to be honest you are going to struggle to get one much longer, I know I had the same issue with my RockHopper and opted for a silver eBay cheapie...

I've just had another look at the post that he's actually got already. It's a 350mm HL affair, and he's got it with a good 30mm beyond the min insertion line to accomodate his leg length! He really needs a bigger bike... and I am looking.

However, in the meantime, I suspect that 400mm might well work. That said, I've just really paid attention and noticed that yours is an inline post, and I'd prefer it to be a normal laid back post like it is now. I don't think this is going to work, but appreciate the message all the same.

Re:

I've just looked on eBay and can't even see the one I got now, it's difficult to get them in 400mm length, let alone anything longer...

The one I have in the Rockhopper is very long, with lay back, but... it's silver :facepalm:
I could put this black one in it if you fancied that one instead?

Re: WTD: Seatpin - 30.9mm x 450mm - Black

Sadly, the frame is a deep blue, and all of the components are black - a silver pin would look pretty awful, which is a shame...

Back