mid 90's Orange Clockwork in neon orange/white fade! LARGE

Chachi

Retro Newbie
Hello all,

I'm looking for a clockwork in neon orange/white fade, size large. Preferably a full build, but would consider F+F. It should be in original and decent condition.

Based in midlands and happy for pay for shipping or possible collect.

Cheers, Josh

Re:

What sort of budget are you looking at mate? That will make all the difference when it comes to a orange/white. Rough ones should be available for less that £100, tidy bikes up to £200 and really nice ones for £300+.

Plenty about so you should find one you want. Large would be 19" in Orange speak. They didn't do orange/white by the mid 90's so you'll be looking at 89 to 93 really. I'd recommend a 92/3 with classic decals like these two. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00946.JPG
    DSC00946.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 360
thanks for translating my post in to usable language! yeah the 92/3 as you recommend is what i have in mind, 19" is what I'm after, and budget sits between tidy and really nice.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":q0bsefji said:
What sort of budget are you looking at mate? That will make all the difference when it comes to a orange/white. Rough ones should be available for less that £100, tidy bikes up to £200 and really nice ones for £300+.

Plenty about so you should find one you want. Large would be 19" in Orange speak. They didn't do orange/white by the mid 90's so you'll be looking at 89 to 93 really. I'd recommend a 92/3 with classic decals like these two. :cool:

Awesome, information you just couldn't buy.. :cool:

Chachi":115piud2 said:
thanks for translating my post in to usable language! yeah the 92/3 as you recommend is what i have in mind, 19" is what I'm after, and budget sits between tidy and really nice.

I'll keep an eye out. ;)

Another option would be to find a cheap frame and get Bob Jackson to respray it. Plenty have gone that route with super results.

Re:

Good idea. Original would be better and i intent to use it (summer only) so some character scars would be ok.

Can I ask your height ?
I'm 6'3"
Just that I rode a clockwork for a decade and it was the large 21"(19" was medium according to their data)
At the time I thought maybe a 19" would be more 'chuckable' but I've a 19" here now and it was just too tight for the knees, even with a longer stem and risers it just felt too tight.

Re:

dyna-ti":3n2ovp5v said:
Can I ask your height ?
I'm 6'3"
Just that I rode a clockwork for a decade and it was the large 21"(19" was medium according to their data)
At the time I thought maybe a 19" would be more 'chuckable' but I've a 19" here now and it was just too tight for the knees, even with a longer stem and risers it just felt too tight.

180cm (5'9").

what the effective top tube length of the 19"? (and 21" if you know). I have a couple of bikes from the 90's still and they are both too small 18" and 17". Back in the day they seemed to fit but they are not the same as my modern large frames. I actually remember buying a 16" Kona because I thought it would be 'chuckable', I look like a bit of a wally on it in photos- lucky cameras were crap, so I look like a wally in low-res! Maybe a 21" would be suitable for me?

Anyone have the frame measurements?

Re:

19” will be fine for you. I’m 6’2” and can just about squeeze on to 19”. That’s large btw, 21” was XL, 17” medium and 14/15” small. ;)

Re:

I'm 6' 2" and have a 21" c16r that rides very nice my first real mountain bike was a 19" clockwork which I had from new in about 1991 but I've also a 1993 19" prestige frame in black that I'm hoping to build up but it will be purely for road work as im sure it will be too low at the front for me now as it has such a short headtube

Back