Anyone got a Deore XT Bio Pace 38 tooth alloy chain ring?

Moto

Dirt Disciple
I'm in need of a 38 tooth Deore XT Bio Pace chainring in alloy for my 1991 British Eagle Pro-Carbon mtb. Would really like a NOS item but low use in vgc would be OK. I know they don't come along often but surely someone here must have one sitting in a cupboard that will never get used.

My existing item has one broken tooth and some significant wear. It's not going to be useable for too much longer and I've got 2,000 miles to do in the coming months.

Can anyone out there help.

Moto

Once removed, how can you tell an xt ring from others? I have a few knocking about.

XT/ XTR rings are machine finished as opposed to the stamped DX/ LX etc.

Very thick too.

I do actually have a few myself but am loath to move them on as they are getting a bit hard to find in usable condition

201509201915guy5t.jpg

Ill have a look in the loft :)

Update:

Only got some FC-M550 LX cranks, yours for a tenner posted in the UK for the lot if any good? Think your after the middle ring though and that’s the worm one on this chainset :facepalm:

Re:

Thx for the suggestions & offers and yes there are options to go with other non OE parts. But as the bike is full original XT groupset (absolutely everything even down to the brake blocks) I'm desperately trying to stick with it. I've always managed to find replacement OE parts to date but it does get harder each year.

For info the correct chain ring is stamped / etched 'Shimano Biopace SG B-38' and is unpainted alloy.

Cheers

Moto

Re:

BUMP - still looking for a NOS 38 tooth XT Biopace chainring stamped "Shimano Biopace SG B-38".

Surely some kind soul can help me find one.

Cheers

Moto

Back