Manitou Pin Removal Tool

AntoineV

Retro Guru
Hello,
I am looking for the tools, that all the Manitou FS representatives had, which allow the dismantling of the two rear axles of the suspended frames. Thank you for your help.
In colors the tool except Pivot Pin to remove in green color.

Attachments

• ManitouRemovalTool.png
    ManitouRemovalTool.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 397
My bike repairer who worked in a company that had imported Manitous FS remembers this tool that they had received among other tools along with the frames and forks. This tool has marked him since he found it as beautiful as these bikes ... So it certainly still exists somewhere in an attic or a garage ...

Re:

or try an old marin dealer maybe they had one for the frs frames that might fit , probs easier to track down

I guess you can cobble together your own version if you're somewhat handy. A piece of long threaded rod (M8 or M10 would do fine), one can do away with the fancy handles and just use two nuts at each end with two wrenches instead, a piece of thick walled PVC pipe for the shell, the only tricky part could be the guide (might require a lathe). I will have to face this task too when I'll find time to re-do my '94 FS...

Re:

I found a small socket which was the same diameter as the bush and used awe skewer to lever it out... wasn’t pretty but it worked

syncrosfan":2hghnzkt said:
I will have to face this task too when I'll find time to re-do my '94 FS...

The first who will arrive will warn the other ...
This is indeed a good tip. I will take pictures of the steps and methods used. For the moment, I still miss some parts and as soon as I get everything I'll get going.

Re: Re:

boxxer":1xgu5pcb said:
but it worked

I do not want to risk doing anything at the risk of having to find another frame ... I can not see the number of parts inside this articulation ... swingarm rotaion is this pin only ?

Back