XL steel / 531 frame & forks - for lanky 6'3" me

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a 531/Tange or similar late steel gate of a frameset they would consider posting to Manchester?

Raleigh, Saracen, Marin, Trek Singletrack etc 21"

Something I can build up as an all-weather commuter / tourer - so mudguards & rack essential.

Ideally with 135mm vertical dropouts so I can build up 3x9 with QR wheels with no faff. Nitanium Rockhopper would be ideal

Dirty fine, rust no.

Thanks in advance!

I've got 20.5" stumpjumper (the Ritchey Nitanium one) thats probably surplus to requirements. Its this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=371233

Can sell frame and forks or any combination of how its currently built up. I'm in North Manchester so collection/delivery easy enough.

No rack mounts though - would have to be p-clips

slackboy":22ntpdpl said:
I've got 20.5" stumpjumper (the Ritchey Nitanium one) thats probably surplus to requirements. Its this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=371233

Can sell frame and forks or any combination of how its currently built up. I'm in North Manchester so collection/delivery easy enough.

No rack mounts though - would have to be p-clips

Lovely - but no rack mounts as you say, so not ideal as it would be carrying some weight everyday. If I had more space and funds I'd be interested but no can do ATM. Thanks for posting anyway!

Re:

Jesus...

I just took a (X)XL frame & forks with eyelets and rack mounts
(back) to the tip after stripping
it to top up the spare parts bin.

Was something hideous like 21.5"
- akin to mounting a horse so
thought no one would want it, and
even karma the post from Spain
would have been considerable since
it was Hi-Ten scaffolding albeit
nicely welded with curved stays and
in superb condition for a 1996 bike.

Good luck with search.

got a muddy fox courier mega, 1-1/8 headtube, eyelets, in Tange steel (BUT, no fork) re-stoved in metallic purple! defo XL! Got a big cannondale m700 too (but aluminium)...again no forks. I'll take a look in the loft and see what forks are lurking!

VeloBrujo":39h7qtl8 said:
got a muddy fox courier mega, 1-1/8 headtube, eyelets, in Tange steel (BUT, no fork) re-stoved in metallic purple! defo XL! Got a big cannondale m700 too (but aluminium)...again no forks. I'll take a look in the loft and see what forks are lurking!

Cheers, please keep me posted if you find the fork?

Re: Re:

themountie":27hzg655 said:
I have a Raleigh mirage in a 22 inch I think its k2 Reynolds tube early 92

Could work, not sure - do you have any photos (if you're OK to post it that is)? Thanks

Re:

I've a 1992 Marin Eldridge Grade in the largest size (20.5' centre to top) if that's any good? Neon paint is a bit faded (especially the stem) but the zolatone is good! It's pretty light, rides nice when built up and has the all important rack mounts. I'll be happy to post on as well :)

Picture below is what you would get, I've been using it up until the last week so I'll clean it up as well - say £45 posted?

Attachments

• marin.jpg
    marin.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 549
Back