Kona Explosif (gold)

JS

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I after a Joe Murray Kona Explosif (gold) bike or frame around 19" ? I had one many years ago and being young and stupid sold it :( . I think it was around year 2000 ish. It had full deore XT project two forks etc. Also are the sticker sets still available if i was to do an original colour respray?

cheers

JS

kona gold

Argos do a kona gold. Looks good when sprayed up, ever so-slightly darker than the original gold explosif (1992).

Not that it helps...was cycling home from work the other day and a nice lady was riding just such a Kona....had no idea what it was. Pretty tidy it was..with Pace forks.
HB

There is a purple Kona claiming to be an explosif on ebay, if it is genuine it would be exactly the same as the 1992 Explosif from what i can see of the components. It never came in the Lava Dome purple though to my knowledge (which was a 1991 colour anyway wasn't it?)

Are you thinking of the '97 - as mine below?:

2083664880100194875S500x500Q85.jpg

Terrible pic - sorry.

That's the very one I had from new, very lovely bike to ride. They do come up for sale every now and then, I'm sure I've seen one in the last month either on here or ebay. Think it may have only been a frame though. So that is the 1992 model then. Like i said, there is a purple one on ebay right now (that colour is not mentioned in the catalogue though, but it appears to have the same grup set, mostly XT with some DX.

Back