Looking for a small (~15") mountain bike

ChrisFerg

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone!

My partner and I are starting to put together some touring bikes for a (very) long tour we're going to be setting off on in a couple of years. We want to start off with some decent old steel mountain bikes. The problem we're having is finding a decent frame that's small enough for my partner: she's around 5'2" so I think we're looking for a ~15" frame? (She tried a 16" stumpjumper the other day and the distance between the headset to the saddle was too big - we think we'd want something around 52cm horizontally from headset to seat post).

I was wondering if anyone on here might have something that would fit the bill?

As we're not 100% sure of the size it'd be good for her to be able to give it a test ride, so if anyone does and is based in the South East (we're in Brighton) that'd be ideal... Otherwise we'll be making trips to Oxfordshire and Wiltshire over the next month or so so that might work too.

Thanks a lot!
Chris

I have a 16" kona fire mountain and a 16" lava dome, both are the early splatter design and are in very good condition. I'm based in the midlands.

Hi! Thanks so much for getting in touch! I imagine these will be a little big unfortunately, and it's probably too far to travel to try them out... Will keep an eye out for one we could test ride a little closer and will let you know if that proves a success!
Thanks again,
Chris

Just to say that we found a perfect bike for the job locally yesterday (a '92 Marin Bolinas Ridge), so no longer looking. Thanks a lot to everyone who got in touch!

Back