Cheap frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Ok guys so to cut a long story short Ive been struggling for money lately and had to sell my Kona to pay the bills. Ive managed to save up a bit of money again but not a lot so not holding out much hope. Ive got about £40 (including postage). Was hoping to find something locally but keep getting messed about.

Criteria is around 19" frame and not a complete wreck. Picked up a rotten old giant ladies bike and an old muddyfox courier (too small) which Ive scavenged for parts so only need frame and forks. Hopefully something good enough for mayhem but would love something I like so I can keep it after mayhem.

Anyone have anything lying around?

Re:

It depends on what it is really. 21 diamondback and univega was too big for me but my giant was a 20.5 (miss that bike) and my old raleigh mantis and aztec were a 21 and they were perfect for me.

I've got a Zaskar frame, cant remember the size, I think its around 17-19 but I wont be able to check until the weekend.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":37ktsvcn said:
It depends on what it is really. 21 diamondback and univega was too big for me but my giant was a 20.5 (miss that bike) and my old raleigh mantis and aztec were a 21 and they were perfect for me.

Underneath the chaos that is Frank..........

Click in the link below. You're coming to mayhem. We ride it Saturday, strip it Sunday and you take the frame.

Re:

I couldn't take Frank. he deserves someone better than me. Although saying that I've only ever ridden one specialized in my life and that was a 19" which almost felt too big for me :| . I don't know,

If all else fails I could use my Dad's old Scott mohaka (well I paid for it :LOL: ). It's a tad on the small side but I could manage as a last resort and hope it survives. Just really wanted to build something something special myself for Mayhem as have uncovered a load of 'accessories'. Don't need anything fancy as one of my favourite bikes offroad was my Giant Stonebreaker (cost me a fiver).

Re:

Cheers Markusdave as much as I would love another Marin I couldn't afford to get forks as well for it. Going to look at a dawes tomorrow and hope that it's older than it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back