WTD Raliegh RSP seatpost cradle parts

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm hunting down some seatpost cradle parts.. I noticed that my regular rider felt a little 'off' under my derriere and realised when stopping that some of the lower part of the cradle has disappeared :facepalm:

The bike in question is a titanium Raleigh M-Trax frame from around '97 and the seatpost was original as far as know. It was only some kind of generic brand, kalloy most likely.

The remains of the cradle are below and they measure 50x35mm - does anybody have something similar in the parts bin?

Attachments

• IMG_3459.JPG
    IMG_3459.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_3460.JPG
    IMG_3460.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 526
Got stacks of these lying around. Can you hang on a bit? 'll have a look in the shed of doom tomorrow after work.

Re:

legrandefromage":2gcdygpl said:
Got stacks of these lying around. Can you hang on a bit? 'll have a look in the shed of doom tomorrow after work.

Thanks LGF - I must admit that if anybody might have anything, it would be you.

By all means take your time, I've fitted a temporary cradle that will hopefully not result in any bike-related sodomy on the way home....

Re:

Here it be - ignore the black clamp, this is the 'temporary' one which keeps coming loose..

Attachments

• clamp 3.JPG
    clamp 3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 475
  • clamp 2.JPG
    clamp 2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 475
  • clamp 1.JPG
    clamp 1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 475
I have a stuck seatpost in a RSP Ti frame, the top unbonded while trying to move it so its no use now, but should still have the top parts knocking about. I am away until Thursday but will check for you then if you havent found spares before then :)

Mark

Re:

mkone":2ea8xbiu said:
I have a stuck seatpost in a RSP Ti frame, the top unbonded while trying to move it so its no use now, but should still have the top parts knocking about. I am away until Thursday but will check for you then if you havent found spares before then :)

Mark

Sounds great, thanks Mark! The temporary one seems to have jammed in place for now, so I'll chug on in the meantime... ;)

Re:

Would these do it do you think? I literally just found them in my fleece pocket, my Dad gave them to me weeks ago in case they 'came in useful for something'!! I've others in a box in the work shop.

Somewhere..... :facepalm:

Attachments

• seat post parts 003.JPG
    seat post parts 003.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 425
  • seat post parts 002.JPG
    seat post parts 002.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 425
  • seat post parts 001.JPG
    seat post parts 001.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 425
Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":2zl291s4 said:
I literally just found them in my fleece pocket

:LOL: Wish i could find bike parts in my coat pockets, usually just sweet wrappers left by my daughter, worse thing is, there is never any sweets in the wrappers :roll:

Back