**Sorted Rear drive side drop out for a ........KIRK

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Really screwed here, and in need of a minor miracle.... but a big one will do equally as well

I've already dropped Mr Kirk (Simon Haydn) an email to see if he still has any, but the website could be years out of date :?

so I need the support of this great place, I'm in to this Kirk so deep I'll consider buying another frame so long as the dropouts are good but just the drops would be preferred.

anyway here's my build thread, which as had the brakes put on it, :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=361267

and heres the offending crack that runs from one side to the other and through both screw :shock:

Re:

Sorry to hear that, Nick

Looking at the photo, you could almost make one, couldn't you? Or certainly take it to someone who could?

Mike

Re:

Hi Mike

using a Simon Haydns pic's from his website its actually a lot more intricate than 1st appears

Attachments

• P1020050.JPG
    P1020050.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 451
Re:

See what you mean now!

BUT, if it can be done once . . . . . .

Re:

I wonder if you could try scanning it in 3D and casting one. There are a ton of youtube tutorials where people have cast 3d printed stuff out of aluminium beer cans.

If you can get it 3D scanned, I can print one out in PLA for you to try casting in aluminium etc.

Common problem though. The dropout on my first Kirk frame snapped going down a particularly fast and gnarly descent. Ended up having ride it home 8 miles leaning over to one side, and with mild concussion.

Re: Rear drive side drop out for a ........KIRK

Try one of the drop out places.
What ever goldtec are called now (name escapes me).

Looks like a fairly simple bit of flat work for a decent CNC work shop.

(BETD, that's what goldtec are called these days)

Re:

Splatter Paint":2lj18gzt said:
Whole bike: eBay item 232193607087

Cheers Mike for the link, although I've been looking I missed that one.

I think going down the doner route will be my cheapest option and whilst the last thing I need/want is another
bike, it would give me a spare front and rear mech hangers along with a spare N/D/S drop out
(assuming they are all good)

Shame this one is as tatty as it is and in Boston, especially for the starting price. (twice what I paid for mine)

thanks guys for your help/suggestions so far

Spud

Re:

Now have an almost NOS example heading my way for the princely sum of £50 :shock:

Thanks for all your support and help...

Back