Risse rear damper for Santa Cruz Tazmon

Remko

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for a Risse Genesis or Risse Astro-5 damper for a Tazmon II.
Risse made the oem units for these frames, with a third mounting point, instead of two mounting points used by aftermarket damper units.

Attachments

• tazmon.jpg
    tazmon.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 389
Re:

I haven't. I know that's the route but postage, taxes, duties and handling costs make buying in the US just too expensive.
I was hoping there would be a damper around in the EU but I know it's very hard to find one here.
I've checked some alternatives yesterday. They don't have the extra mounting point but are a lot cheaper and maybe even better shocks.
In the 1995 MBA review of the Tazmon the Risse wasn't considered as a good damper, which was a bit of a surprise to me.

Risse still has the damper for sale. Why not contact them and see if you can buy just the additional mounting collar?

Getting an email response out of Risse is really hit and miss. I also want to get a new shock and some spares. PM me if you are interested in doing a combined purchase to get the shipping down.

Phill

JoeG":1lyhva9e said:
Risse still has the damper for sale. Why not contact them and see if you can buy just the additional mounting collar?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure the mounting collar can be mounted on a Fox or Cane Creek damper. But it's worth a try finding out

phill77":2s3n5o5e said:
Getting an email response out of Risse is really hit and miss. I also want to get a new shock and some spares. PM me if you are interested in doing a combined purchase to get the shipping down.

Phill

I will do some more thinking and will let you know if I'm ordering any.
I think a phonecall to Risse would be the right way of communication then.

I've just bought some new parts in the US.
In the end that cost me much more than I planned.
190 dollar to purchase the part
60 dollar to ship to The Netherlands
50 euro taxes
8 euro duties
13 euro handling costs
---------- +
Approximately 295 euro total

Re:

I'm in the US, so a combined order wouldn't work.

In the past year, I've sent then a Fox Alps 5 and a Strata Shock Pro for service, and they work great. They're about the only place that I know of that repairs and services a lot of older shocks.

Edit - I'd be willing to call Risse on your behalf and inquire about the additional Tazmon mount or whatever. PM me with details if you're interested.

Back