Wanted: 14" Kona Lavadome or similar.

Bcovey

Retro Newbie
For my other half. She's only about 5'2" and I know I could possibly get away with a 16" frame (which is tempting because there are plenty around!) but would prefer to wait and get something spot on.

Ideally would like a lavadome as I love mine and am convinced it would be the perfect 'do anything' bike for her. But would consider something like a fire mountain or anything similar/any nice, light, incredibly small framed steel mountain bike!

Just frame and forks would be great so I could build it up to suit but would obviously consider a full bike too!

Really hoping someone has any leads, been scouring the net for what feels like an age!

Ben

Re:

Not quite what you are after but I have a Fusion frame and forks that measures at 14" c2c and has a similar geometery to a Kona. Steel frame and forks can include a 1&1/4" headset and stem too as it has the os headtube. If you want photos let me have your email and I can send pics later.

Re:

You got me excited for a second! But I've realised there might be a flaw in my listing.
My 19“ lavadome measures 16" at the middle of the top tube. So I figured a 14" would have 11" c2c. Her current atrocity of an apollo javelin measures 9" there, and although a 14" c2c frame would do for days out etc she doesn't like the idea of cocking a leg over much higher than what she's got for her short commutes/trips to the shops where she might not be dressed appropriately.
Thinking about it all now I've realised Marins might not measure the same? So I may just be looking for the kona's (or something incredibly small!)
Any ideas?

Re:

A friend of mine stands 5 foot nothing and he used to ride a Kona of similar size to the Fusion I now have here. The only real way to be sure would be to find a built up bike for her to try.

Re:

She could get on and be comfortable riding a 16" kona which would have a similar standover height to what you're offering. It's just that considering it'll be her only bike I'm kinda holding out for that extra small frame size for ease of use if she's wearing jeans or something that makes it difficult to get your leg over :D
I know what she needs, just can't find it :( !
Thanks for the offer though, I'll change the title to not include marin (unless they do a frame size equivalent to the smallest kona's? ) and hold out for a lavadome or something.

Re:

I've got a 14" firemountain that will be available soon...it's actually a 1998 ( but still steel! - keeping it real! ).

It's my sons, he's progressing to a '98 Cinder cone, so frame and forks (Rock shox Indy C) will be available, once I've swapped his bits over.

I' ll get you some pictures if you are interested?

Back