Project 2 forks

sorethroat

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

After some 1 1/8" project 2 forks that don't have threading or disc tabs.
My current problem is that the threading on my old p2 forks was too high. I have really short arms so I bodged a workaround on my Explosif (see below) but I can't accept the aesthetics of this. I need to go 1 1/8" and get a high rise stem + small spacer stack + maybe get an inline seatpost. Also I don't think this safe - I've used the bottom half of a threadless headset and the top third of a threaded. There's no locknut so I have to keep on tightening.

Happy to part ex for some mag 21 forks that I have for sale in the sale section: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354750

Let me know if anyone's got anything.

Cheers,

ST

LajKid6.jpg

Re:

Not sure whether you've thought of this... (Sorry if so)
Would the answer be to use a correct length steerer P2 for the headtube, a threaded headset and one of those quill to ahead converters? That way you can use any ahead stem you want (in your case with some rise).
What length is the headtube on your frame?
I can possible help with all those parts...

Re: Re:

MatBH5":2dlc508n said:
Not sure whether you've thought of this... (Sorry if so)
Would the answer be to use a correct length steerer P2 for the headtube, a threaded headset and one of those quill to ahead converters? That way you can use any ahead stem you want (in your case with some rise).
What length is the headtube on your frame?
I can possible help with all those parts...

It was an idea at one time but then I just thought that it'd be pointless when I could get a threadless P2 with a couple of spacers. Plus it's probably safer as I've never been convinced by the quill to ahead converts.

Leighcal":3mm54908 said:
Try turning seat post other way round for a bit easier reach.

That's the quick fix but I'm trying to move away from things like that - hence why I'm looking for a threadless P2 so I don't have to continue with the ugly/dangerous frankenstine headset setup I'm running at the moment.

Back