Ozone / Smokestone / Bigfoot - frame or bike wanted

JohnMarin_77

Old School Hero
Hello RBers

I am getting back into this great hobby. As a kid in Gloucester I always wanted a e-stay aluminium bike. It was just the thing ... And miles out of my league. Specifically then Bigfoot with the fat over size tubes and estays. I have seen some great build threads on here - others clearly share my interest!

20 years on, 1 wife, 2 kids, saddled with a mortgage, a boss that's got an IQ of 75, 3 stone heavier ... I could now afford to buy / restore one. If I could find a frame.

I am 5'11 so I am looking for an 18" or similar. If I found a smaller one I would snap it up and fix it up for my wife

Any help tracking down this old child's dream is appreciated

Cheers all
J

Re:

And what great taste you have :D

BITD I used to ride past Graham Foots shop in Southgate St on my Suzuki ER50 "sports moped" and ogle at the window display as I queued at Spa lights.

Like you I had an itch that needed to be scratched, and after a wait the lesser known Ozone CO2 popped up for me :cool:

Might be a bit of a wait but they are out there and still going strong,
Mines done two mountain mayhems at Gatcombe and the Hell of the North Cotswolds.

If I he's or see on one I'll bear you in mind.

All the best

Nick

Saturday bump!

Spud - used to visit that shop as I walked to the cinema with my mates. I bought my first snow flaked wheel from there. I was told it would improve the feel of my Carerra!!

Still looking...

I just wanted to say that I sourced one of these frames and I sent it off to have it stripped and polished and will start a build thread soon. I am irrationally excited about pulling together my first retrobike and will keep you all updated

Cheers!
John

Latest posts

Back