Donation of bike frame and parts for a physics classroom

widow71

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi,

I'm a physics teacher and although I've not been on this forum for a while I have been in the past (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84739) and I'm still riding my 1994 Marin Eldridge all the time on XC rides and my commute to work.

Basically I'm after some donations of bike parts for use in my teaching. I'd like to have a bike to hang in my classroom for when I'm teaching, so I can refer to disc brakes, to suspension, tyres etc. There is a lot of physics that I teach that can be related back to bikes!

I do have some parts from my old bikes, including a set of Shivers and front 20mm wheel.

What I'm really after is a full suspension frame (preferably a downhill frame) to hang parts off. Do you have an old one taking up space but you don't want it to end up in landfill? Do you have other parts that would fit on it - saddle, chain device, cranks, pedals etc. What about an old air shock and also a coil shock to show different types of suspension design? What could I add to my classroom to engage pupils with the science of cycling.

If you have anything that may be suitable then please get in touch.

Postage would be paid for, or I can collect in Bath/Bristol area.

Thanks,

Lewis

Re:

Thanks, I've thrown away old items over the years that I wish I had hold of now. Including blown shocks that looked fine but didn't work inside and cracked frames.

Re:

Doesn't Bristol or somewhere around there have the old bike jumble. Bike Docks? Seen adverts for it...
Might be a good place to pick some bits and bobs up from.

Nice :D
And good to hear cycling is forwarding not only their fitness but minds as well :cool:

Mind the shivers are a sought after fork ;) dont be taking it to bits unless you can reassemble :LOL:

awesome idea, ive nothing along them lines but all i can offer is a rigid frame and forks, if thats any good messgae me and ill send them your way

Re:

I loved the Shivers - bought them in 2001 and used them for many years. Great forks.

I'm really after a full sus frame to hang them off if possible so you can see the linkage and shock (moments, levers, damping etc).

Back