British Steel Frame&Forks

Dale cannon

Senior Retro Guru
Planning on building up a single speed MTB/commuter bike so I'm looking for a big steel frameset.

21+ inch seattube.

I need it to have have long dropouts (I don't want to run a tensioner) and I'd love it to be lugged but it's not essential. If it has all of the above and is British made then I would be in Heaven.

Happy with poor paint and the odd dent but no cracks or major damage.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Big Steel Frame&Forks

I have a large Muddy Fox Courier at 23" but not so sure about the drop-out situation. Maybe a half link chain? Eccentric BB?

Anyway, here it is built up - frame, forks, seatpost, seat all available for P&P and a beer or two.

file.php

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind but I'm really after something with long dropouts.

I've been planning to sell this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=227281

If you're interested in the frameset I will split it and you can have it for £25 posted. Not lugged or British made, but French made with the cool inexternal welding. The seat tube is 21.5" C-T.

1989+Industrial+Peugeot+531+Scorpion+%28smaller%29.jpg

Large Raleigh Montage frame & forks any good to you? Unsure on exact measurements but could measure for you. Just cover the postage.....I was karma'd it several years ago and I've realised I'm not going to build it up.

I have the majority of the bike so whatever bits you need I can package up.....let me know what you think.

Also a link to the build thread in my sig....

Dale cannon":10glriww said:
That looks perfect! Some measurements would be great.

Will dig it out of the shed for you tonight and get some measurements....

Back