Wanted: small Zaskar (or similar)

RickTheUncivil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Back in the day I had a 16 inch Backwoods. It was ace. I kept it for years and rode the arse off it while i learned every type of riding I could. In the end the frame cracked and so I gave it to my sister for rolling along the beachfront.
I later had a 16 inch Aggressor, it too was good.
A good friend had a Pantera, and was satisfied with all aspects of his choice.
Another friend had an 18 inch Backwoods then a 14.5 inch Zaskar. He never complained.

Long and short of it, I want a GT again. I think a small alu frame is the way to go. I want a fun bike for hopping off stuff and rolling on one wheel across major road junctions and generally having the sort of fun I used to have before I grew up (ish). I need a GT in my shed!

Now then, I'm not after showroom perfect but I don't want damage. Iffy decals and paint i can live with but no massive dents or scrapes. I'm not averse to refinishing in non-standard ways so would consider a rough looking but sound basis for a custom project. Polished would be nice but I'm open to ideas.

14.5 inch zaskar would be ideal but I realise they are rare and premium
16 inch anything would be considered
18+ inch is too big for what I want
Frame or full bike or part build, I can work with anything.

I don't have bottomless funds but I am prepared to pay a fair price for the right item.

Over to you - anyone wanting to sell?

legrandefromage":3vyglshn said:
I have a bare 16" frame for about £40 posted. It does have a Dent though but nothing structural

Piccies or link? Dent may or may not be deal breaker even at that price!

Here you go

dent:

20150322_114854_zpsf502c62d.jpg

Frame only (no forks or headset)

20150322_114758_zpsa2a1e062.jpg

I have a small alloy gt frame.. you can have it for 20 pounds plus postage - pm me if you are interested

Back