Wanted - 1995 Kona Cinder Cone Components

ant_8u

Devout Dirtbag
Hi Guys

I've recently acquired a 1995 Kona Cinder-Cone (it was thrown in my skip at work)

It's got a lot of non original components on it at present. I'm going to do a full restoration of the bike, and I'd like to try and get it back to being close to standard spec

In an ideal world I'd like to find items that are in nice clean (relatively) scuff-free condition

If anyone can help out with any of the following (1995 spec) items I'd be extremely grateful......

Front Derailleur: Deore XT739, 28.6mm, bottom pull

Headset: Impact Purchased

Forks: Project 2 (19" Frame) Purchased

Handlebar: Kona Race Light Purchased

Brake: Shimano Deore XT BR-M739 V-brake Purchased

Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic if they're compatible with V-brakes, if not then Shimano Deore XT 739 Purchased

Rear Derailleur: Deore XT 739 8speed Purchased

Shifters: Gripshift SRT600 8 speed Purchased

Chainset: Deore XT 737 Purchased

Cassette 8 speed XT 11-28 Purchased

Stem: Velocity (I'm not sure what size I need, but I'm 6ft with a 34" inseam, and the bike has a 19" frame) Purchased

Thanks to everyone that's able to offer assistance

my guess is the steerer on the bronze p2's your after is around 173mm? if someone can correct me.

The 20" ones i had where 193cm based on a 15cm headtube. yours i think is 13cm so take 2cm off..

Re:

Thanks Chris

Yeah, I got your PM the other day. I tried sending a reply, but as I access this forum by my phone I have no clue if I actually managed to send it to you or not

I think your stem may be too long but I'll let you know for definite soon. I'm going to go to the local bike shop over the weekend to pick up some bits and pieces. I'll see what size they'd recommend when I'm down there

Just got the forks

Now need a Stem, Headset, Saddle, and Front Derailleur (as I bought the wrong one before)

Thanks

Re:

Got a brand nos Kona impact headset in gold, Kona dog collar and replic 96 Kona decals for cinder cone if interested.

Latest posts

Back