Bradbury Manitou 1" quill stem

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Easy right? There must be hundreds of these kicking around in old spare parts bins ;) ...

I am rebuilding my 1988 Manitou, and this is the missing link to a full restoration.

Alternatively, I wonder if anyone would make a reproduction, you know, just whip one up?

If you don't ask you don't get...

Thanks Manitou916, I've already tried. Although very generous and helpful, it still didn't net me a stem!

Tough find man... FWIW 88 was a transitional year and not all DBMs got the stem. Doesn't help much, I know...

nudge. Also, does anyone here know member darreni? We were discussing this stem months ago, but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth...?

Why not make a replica? The machining on it is very basic. A friend of mine has one and I looked at it up close, not very special, rather simple. (not for sale I'm afraid)
I could draft you up a CAD model of it. Honestly I think you could make one with access to a regular mill and a metal band-saw and grinder. It'll be easier with CNC capabilities but possible to do a built by hand as well.

Thanks syncrosfan, I am getting closer to going down that road. I even have the blueprint for one. Still holding out for an original at this point. Patient? Optimistic? Stubborn? Who knows...

Back