WTD: Syncros Powerlite Crown/Steerer - 1" / 180mm - SWAP!

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello to all

I'm at least one small step closer to acquiring what I need now.

I've been looking for a 1" steerer Powerlite for a long old while now, and have just acquired a great set but with a 1 1/8th steerer. :roll:

Therefore, I wondered if this would be of use to anyone in a swap? I'm after a 1" crown/steerer with at least 180mm of threaded steerer, and have a 1 1/8th crown/steerer with 135mm of threaded steerer, of which the top 48mm is threaded.

The legs and crown that I've got are minty. My preference is a swap of crown/steerer - (I know how rare these are) - and off I go. I don't mind selling what I've got as a complete set of forks, but I can't / won't sell them until I've got what I need first!

I say all this, assuming that the steerer tubes can't be removed from Syncros crowns - or at least that what it looks like to me as I look over them carefully at the moment? I'm assuming that they're bonded into place? They look pretty damn solid with no obvious way of removing the steerer without a massive great hammer and an awful lot of swearing!

Many thanks for any replies...

Steerers are hydraulic pressed in, nice and tight. Best of luck finding a 1" set, but I guess you know that already!

Hotwheels.":1u6a8pya said:
Steerers are hydraulic pressed in, nice and tight.

Thanks for confirming - I had figured from looking at it, that it wasn't going to be removable. :cry:

Am ready for the long-haul in finding what I need....

Bumpage - also, does anyone know if any other crowns are compatible with the Syncros Powerlite legs as a short-term fix? I.e. Manitou or Rock Shox or something like that? Had just figured that it might serve me a turn to get some busted suspension forks to use the crown/steerer from so that I can at least use these legs for now?

FluffyChicken":29ipgpjo said:
JUDY certainly not.

MAG you can squeeze them in but the hub will need to be spaced/axled longer

Thanks Fluffy - sounds like something you've actually done in the past then?

Ifso, are there any other crowns that can be used as an alternative in your experience?

Back