Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: Re: MTB frame
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Am still trying to actually identify it... but this might be something interesting? It has press-fit b/b shell (like an old Fisher), which is unusual and means it's unlikely to be crap!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268716

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 pm 
Retro Guru

[quote="rjsdavis"]Am still trying to actually identify it... but this might be something interesting? It has press-fit b/b shell (like an old Fisher), which is unusual and means it's unlikely to be crap!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268716[/quote]

Now this looks interesting... it seems canadian, but it has fastback rear stays, I had thought of a Rocky Summit but dropout and cable stops are different. For sure a great frame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 pm 
Retro Guru

novekili wrote:

Now this looks interesting... it seems canadian, but it has fastback rear stays, I had thought of a Rocky Summit but dropout and cable stops are different. For sure a great frame

It's for sale if you're interested! (I just can't tell you yet what it actually is).

With matching chro-mo threaded forks, stem and bars that were all resprayed together as a set. The forks, bar and stem are a slightly contrasting slightly darker purple colour than the main frame....

Am beginning to think that it's one of those unusual MTB frames that were built in incredibly small numbers by an Italian road frame manufacturer that never really got into the MTB marketplace? Could be anyway. There are "some" similarities to my Rossin Concept MTB, but not enough for me to suggest that that it what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 pm 
Retro Guru

Too many bikes in the garage, unfortunately... I dunno... the design doesn't look Italian, and nobody udes press fit BBs here. I Thought it was an early FIsher, too, but cable stops were different. I insist it looks Canadian, but it's just an impression. What size is the HS tho, out of curiosity?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:46 pm 
Retro Guru

novekili wrote:
Too many bikes in the garage, unfortunately... I dunno... the design doesn't look Italian, and nobody udes press fit BBs here. I Thought it was an early FIsher, too, but cable stops were different. I insist it looks Canadian, but it's just an impression. What size is the HS tho, out of curiosity?

My apologies - I thought that the point of this thread was that you were looking for a frame! (overlooked the fact that you weren't the OP)

The h/s is 1 1/4"

Last edited by rjsdavis on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 pm 
Retrobike Sponsor
Retrobike Sponsor

I have bought a frame now. Thank Stumpumper1990

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:19 pm 
Retro Guru

bm0p700f wrote:
I have bought a frame now. Thank Stumpumper1990

Probably worth editing the title and OP with a massive SORTED notification, so that no-one else bothers to respond to it....