Front forks for Scott Super Evolution

blufoot

Retro Newbie
Hi i'm new, hello!

I'm having trouble finding forks to fit my bike which I think is a Scott Pro Super Evolution.

It currently has Manitou Ones fitted but they have collapsed and I don't think I have the skill to rebuild them so instead I'm looking for some rigid forks to replace them.

Anyone have anything that would fit?

What size is the steerer? I have some black freshly powdercoat/lacquered Tange Big forks (rigid) from a 91 Rocky Mountain. 1 1/8 135mm 25mm is threaded. £25 posted

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to sizing up forks, first off I think the Super Evo has a 1 1/4 headset? It's pretty fat

But secondly, to get the measurement for the steerer do I measure just the frame section or include the headset cups?

Having a closer look at some pics on this forum I think I might have a fake Super Evolution frame! The lower bar of the frame goes through the seat post, a bit like a GT.

Frame came unpainted with magura brakes fitted and was told it was a Super Evolution Hyrdo or something...??

I'm going to pick it up from the bike shop in about half an hour, they were trying to source forks for it but failed.

I am the original owner, I bought it new when I was younger, I'm 40 now!

Pics soon

Had another look at some pics and it definitely is NOT a Super Evo, there's a reinforcement under the top tube where it meets the steerer.

I'm still going to need some forks for it though!

Here's the pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 345
Back