Pace bike/frame 20"-21"

Billybob2

Old School Hero
Looking for(ain't we all!) a pace rc100/200/ I would need around a 20"-21" frame,finding it hard to find a large frame nowadays,carnt believe I owned one back in the day,an sold it for peanuts to fund a k2 animal? Any help is appreciated cash waiting for the right bike/frame.
Still looking?

Re: Pace bike/frame 20"

What sort of cash are we talking for an almost original RC100s?

It's entirely period and correct except for the seatpin and one rim.
I raced and rode it a lot back in the day, so the paint is a bit tatty and some parts have been replaced from the original spec, but it's very close to the original spec.
1st gen SPDs.
One rim is original, the other is a newer replacement (can't remember either off the top of my head).
Front hub is a Suntour greaseguard.
Rear hub is a Hope screw on, Sachs ARIS 7spd freewheel.
Thumbshifters on the original milled out Pace clamps.
Front mech is fine.
Rear mech is missing (broken and not replaced).
I updated the brake levers to 2 finger. One of the clamps has cracked, but this is the Pace milled out design and it's still solid on the bar.
Handlebars are the original Pace model with the two part sleeve.
Stem is fine and sound.
Forks are 1st gen RC31s with a spare set of bushes and have been upgrade to Atmosphere balanced (I still have the original fork legs though).
Magura brakes are still sealed and working.
All the original alloy bolts are present.
The cranks have been rebuilt by Bullseye and as a result don't match (one white one yellow).
Bottom bracket bearings are worn out and will need replacing (they're a standard bearing shop item).
Headset is worn out (Suntour) and will need replacing.
Frame has a very slight dent (stone impact) under the down tube. It's there, I'm not trying to hide it, but it's there.
Seatpost is not supplied and the frame was bored out to 27.2mm to take modern seatposts.
I have a black Selle Italia Turbo to match the rest of the gear.

Original instruction booklet, Magura service kit and original 531 fork legs (in fluo yellow) are also available, together with a spare steerer (threaded).

Frame size is about 18" (to be honest I'm not sure what size it is. It's quite large though). I'm 6'2" and it fits me fine.

Interested?

Re: Pace bike/frame 20"

alexb":34zx0sen said:
What sort of cash are we talking for an almost original RC100s?

It's entirely period and correct except for the seatpin and one rim.
I raced and rode it a lot back in the day, so the paint is a bit tatty and some parts have been replaced from the original spec, but it's very close to the original spec.
1st gen SPDs.
One rim is original, the other is a newer replacement (can't remember either off the top of my head).
Front hub is a Suntour greaseguard.
Rear hub is a Hope screw on, Sachs ARIS 7spd freewheel.
Thumbshifters on the original milled out Pace clamps.
Front mech is fine.
Rear mech is missing (broken and not replaced).
I updated the brake levers to 2 finger. One of the clamps has cracked, but this is the Pace milled out design and it's still solid on the bar.
Handlebars are the original Pace model with the two part sleeve.
Stem is fine and sound.
Forks are 1st gen RC31s with a spare set of bushes and have been upgrade to Atmosphere balanced (I still have the original fork legs though).
Magura brakes are still sealed and working.
All the original alloy bolts are present.
The cranks have been rebuilt by Bullseye and as a result don't match (one white one yellow).
Bottom bracket bearings are worn out and will need replacing (they're a standard bearing shop item).
Headset is worn out (Suntour) and will need replacing.
Frame has a very slight dent (stone impact) under the down tube. It's there, I'm not trying to hide it, but it's there.
Seatpost is not supplied and the frame was bored out to 27.2mm to take modern seatposts.
I have a black Selle Italia Turbo to match the rest of the gear.

Original instruction booklet, Magura service kit and original 531 fork legs (in fluo yellow) are also available, together with a spare steerer (threaded).

Frame size is about 18" (to be honest I'm not sure what size it is. It's quite large though). I'm 6'2" and it fits me fine.

Interested?
pm sent

Back