£50 or less bike needed

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
right guys. I have unfortunately lost most of my storage so am needing a rubbish bike I can leave outside and not worry about being stolen. I have a maximum budget of £50 (delivered or local me in cornwall)

I need something reliable as it will mean I can start my voluntary work again which is a 10 mile each way trip 3 times a week. plus will be using it to ride everywhere so expect it to be doing 20 miles a day average. Im thinking something like an old raleigh, something Im not going to worry about should the worst happen (lots of bikes getting stolen round here lately) but is still not a complete dog to ride. however I will consider even cheap rubbish as just want to go back to work now.

I need 19-21" frame and ideally at least 18 gears but will consider 15 speed as well if I like the bike. if anyone has anything please private message me. I dont mind needing a little work (tyres, brakes, saddle anything like that) but please no complete rebuilds. it needs to have sound bottom bracket and wheelbearings at the very least. I literally need something I can fix in 5 minutes and use straight away.

thanks everyone.

cant get to exeter unfortunately. I literally have no transport hence I need the bike as quick as possible. not sure about bikes on trains as I as told you cant take them now, but would cost me an extra £20 to get there and back so cant really do that. cheers anyway.

theres an old raleigh or something down the road from me (literally about a mile tops) for £25. was gone by the time I came home though :( and theres a modern carrera for £40 but again depends on if its still available as not getting a response from the seller.

back to looking again as turns out Im just being messed about by a seller (not happy), I dont mind needing a bit of work, all I care is that the bottom bracket and wheel bearings are good. as long as I can get it fixed in a couple days tops. because I only have a £50 budget (including delivery) I dont really care what it is as long as at least an 18" frame. would love an old raleigh or another giant or something like that, but will consider pretty much anything, even if its only a temp for now. Im so desperate I''ll even consider gripshift (and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate gripshit :LOL: ) cheers guys.

Back