wanted rigid bike up to £70 (delivered)

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
hi guys. after looking at a £30 marin bear valley and realising just how crap condition bikes of that money generally are, Ive decided to raise my budget to £70.

for that I need a complete bike, dont mind needing a little work like brakes setting up, new grips/pedals etc. but it MUST be in good condition and all bearings must be sound (wheel and bottom bracket especially)

now Im not going to lie, I want a marin, so if one of those comes up I will give that priority. I need a 19-21" frame, 20" would be absolutely perfect. also anything with rapidfire shifters is best with me. but whatever it has NO GRIPSHIFT please.

Hopefully Im not asking too much here but has to be worth a try.

oh and if it makes it any cheaper (hopefully) I dont need any tyres :LOL: - no Im not going to use it on a railroad, Im going to be sticking a set of slicks on it for commuting.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hmm will keep an eye on that (even though my ebay watch list is kind of full up with bikes at the moment :LOL: )

Ive got a mate who lives near plymouth and is always in there. he's a rider as well so Im sure he would collect it for me if necessary. just a bit worried it might be a bit small. Ive got so used to riding 20-21" frames an 18.5 (Im guessing marin 17") might be too small but worth keeping an eye on in case it goes cheap.

cheers adrian. looks in better nick than the bear valley I saw today. looked alright in the photos, got there and there was more rust than paint. gear cable snapped, rear wheel might as well have not had any bearings :roll:, no chain or seat post QR. just annoying because was the perfect size for me. oh well plenty more fish in the sea and all that.

Back