help needed , manitou 1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfern1950s

Retro Guru
Hi,
Ive been asked to service a set of early manitou 1's, but have been unable to find the long allen key i once had with my old set of manitou's..
Does any body know where i could get one of these keys from ?
Either to borrow or buy...

Cheer's........,martin

I always use an allen bit and a few of those "stackable" wrench pipes. Dunno what they're called in English, but they sometimes come with a wrench set (and you can buy them seperate too). It's the second from above:

4412048113_d816fe8be8_o.jpg

OK, it's a shaft extender ;-) Anyhoo, I stick three of those in each other and put an allen bit at the end... works a charm.

Void(EN12-82)":58lifvjq said:
I always use an allen bit and a few of those "stackable" wrench pipes. Dunno what they're called in English, but they sometimes come with a wrench set (and you can buy them seperate too). It's the second from above:

4412048113_d816fe8be8_o.jpg

OK, it's a shaft extender ;-) Anyhoo, I stick three of those in each other and put an allen bit at the end... works a charm.

Hello,

Brilliant, i will give that a go, i was going to weld a bar to a cut down allen key, if i had no joy in locating the long key.. now to dig out my smaller old socket set :)

Thank you very much for your help....
bye for now.
Kind regards..........,martin

....you can get them cheap on ebay too.. the ones with the proper handle ends are best as it reduces the risk of slipping and rounding the bolt head.

Antstark":8w4p6kfe said:
....you can get them cheap on ebay too.. the ones with the proper handle ends are best as it reduces the risk of slipping and rounding the bolt head.

Hi,

Many thanks, ive had a look on ebay in the past, and not found any thing suitable, then after reading your message, thought i should have a look again... funny , now you mentioned it, there seems to be the type for sale now.
Is this the type you mentioned ? so perfect for the job i think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bondhus-Hexag ... 5d3e250673

Bye for now.
Cheer's ......., martin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yip that's them :D although i have seen them lots cheaper than that :D

redfern1950s":3kdf4z5r said:
Antstark":3kdf4z5r said:

Hi,

Many thanks, ive had a look on ebay in the past, and not found any thing suitable, then after reading your message, thought i should have a look again... funny , now you mentioned it, there seems to be the type for sale now.

Bye for now.
Cheer's ......., martin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Antstark":2hac5hfy said:
Yip that's them :D although i have seen them lots cheaper than that :D

redfern1950s":2hac5hfy said:
Antstark":2hac5hfy said:

Hi,

Bye for now.
Cheer's ......., martin

Cool....., yes, they are a bit on the dear side..., now i know i can get them , i will look out for a cheaper version, unless the guy im servicing these forks for wants to buy at any cost..
I already have similar allen keys that where originally supplied with a set of old series 2 bmx flight cranks, just never knew they made them longer....
Any way, thanks again, can at last sort these now... :)

Cheer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back