1" quill stem and bars

yakboy

Manitou Fan
I am looking for a 1" alloy quill stem of about 90mm reach and a some riser bars to match (at least 520mm wide) to lighten up my daughters 20" wheel mountain bike..the frame is a little heavy and whilst I would love an Islabike or a Hotrock 20,I just can't justify the price especially as I am changing her front cranks and chainrings for lighter alloy and 34tooth (how you can expect kids to get up reasonable hills with a 40T front and a 28T rear I will never know). Anyway I thought I would try and lighten up as much of the other components as I can so the heavy alloy adjustable stem and bars have to go and I am bidding on a light 25.4 seatpost.

Colour is not important as I can strip and polish the bits.

If anybody has any other idea's on lightning up the bike cheaply (I would like to get rid of the bolt through steel axles but would assume I would need different hubs which is just too much work), I have heard that Shwalbe MOW JOE 20" tyres would give me some weight saving and Rutland cycles have them for £7.99 at the moment,

And if anyone can suggest a cheap way of getting a 34T 140mm chainset cheaper than this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200924459497? ... 1423.l2649

I'm all ears
I know this is not strictly a retrobike but the components are so I thought I'd stand more chance of finding them here

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back