cheap bike around £50 wanted

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
hi guys. have decided that Im going to concentrate on this project as have my marin as a mountain bike. Im going to attempt to build a cheap commuter since I dont have any transport at the moment.

basically I need a complete or near complete bike and only have about £40 for it. DOnt need anything special as wont be hitting the trails with it, its literally going to have a set of slicks fitted and used as a commuter. Im thinking an old raleigh or something. Need around a 20" frame and rigid forks but not going to be too fussy as I'll 'tweak' it a bit anyway to make it mine. Dont care if it needs a bit of work as long as its at least near complete.

only reason I say around Cornwall is because I doubt Im going to get anything for around £40 delivered. of course if you have anything that would fit the bill and can be delivered let me know

cheers

Re: cheap bike around £40 /50 (needing work?).

right have sorted a bit of money again so back to looking. may be able to afford up to £50 but need a complete bike and not needing a huge amount of work. something like an old raleigh or something as long as its around a 20" frame. cheers

Re: cheap bike around £40 (needing work?).

as soon as really. I could probably wait a week but not much longer than that. got no transport at the moment so need a bike to get around on

if it was the right bike I wouldnt mind waiting a couple weeks. keeping an eye on a couple on ebay (marin muirwoods going cheap) but its newton abbot so depends on if I can get it delivered

any chance you could send me details? might be something I really like.

will consider hybrids as well. dont mind waiting a week or so if the right bike came along but I do need a complete bike, dont care if it needs work. dont mind little bits missing like grips, pedals that sort of thing. up to £50 but really cant afford any more than that. cheers guys.

ok guys am still looking as the road bike I bought turned out to be a little bit on the big side :LOL:

up to £50 for a complete bike (dont mind silly little thing like grips etc missing) but dont mind it needing a little bit of work. 20-21" frame. no suspension. dont care about spec as long as it rides. but need something soon as at the moment its my only transport. Have been using the giant but its developed several problems which need sorting so thats become a little bit of a project. (cant blame it, it owes me £9.50 and has done a few long trips lately.)

now I know Im not going to get a marin for that money so am open to suggestions, I may get another marin later on but for now I need something cheap that I can stick slicks on and use to ride to work etc.

Back