BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Well my first Judy XC refurb has hit it's first obstacle. The dummy damper was stuck so following advice I tapped it gently using a piece of wood through the stanchion and a hammer. Gently became a bit more aggressive as the thing refused to budge but then sure enough out shot the damper and the piece of wood. Unsurpisingly the hammer head did not follow the wood through the stanchion but instead crashed down on the end of it, bending part of it over and splitting the metal :oops:

Now I've started I don't want to give up so if anyone has a spare Judy stanchion I'd be eternally grateful.

Logic.Al":2wj34mvw said:
Have you tried ishaw or gtsteve?

No, but I will, thanks

I'm gutted :( It was in minty condition too.

FluffyChicken":18vjmm5d said:
Decent stanchions are lilke gold dust :(

Do you mean inner leg or outside lower leg? I have some spare outside lower legs but im desparate to find a mint inner leg :facepalm: Just assembled the forks and sure enough i discover a huge deep scratch staring back at me on 1 inner leg!!

slimjoe":gcok74c6 said:
FluffyChicken":gcok74c6 said:

Do you mean inner leg or outside lower leg? I have some spare outside lower legs but im desparate to find a mint inner leg :facepalm: Just assembled the forks and sure enough i discover a huge deep scratch staring back at me on 1 inner leg!!

Inner mate :(

slimjoe":3imddcy9 said:
FluffyChicken":3imddcy9 said:

Inner is the stanchion, outer is just called a lower leg.

I'm looking to thin the herd and parts stash and have a couple of stanchions spare. I say spare, is anything spare in this game? I could be persuaded to part with them, was keeping them just in case I need them one day, but I'm now down to 1 set of fsx and one set of xc, neither if which are on bikes so are they spares enough in their own right?

Convince me to part with them, shouldn't take much persuading. No idea on price though.

Latest posts

Back