Wanted...Shimano M950 XTR STI units or gear & brake levers

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

The last piece of my puzzle needed! I have everything else I need for my next build but just missing the gear and brake levers! I'm after a pair of Shimano M950 either combined STI gear and brake levers or maybe M950 separate gear levers and V brake levers...

...Help me get the last piece I need! PM me with any offers!

Thanks

Doug

Re: Wanted...Shimano M950 XTR STI units or gear & brake leve

I took delivery of a set of m950 stis today. Don't really know why I bought them (or remember tbh). They don't have gear indicators though and have a few marks but aren't too shabby either. If you are interested I can sort out some pics, confirm they are working and work out where I bought them and what I paid. I think I have a flight deck set up somewhere too? Possibly some seperate shifters and brake levers as well.

ishaw":24ft6rka said:
I took delivery of a set of m950 stis today. Don't really know why I bought them (or remember tbh). They don't have gear indicators though and have a few marks but aren't too shabby either. If you are interested I can sort out some pics, confirm they are working and work out where I bought them and what I paid. I think I have a flight deck set up somewhere too? Possibly some seperate shifters and brake levers as well.

Well now that sounds interesting...I'd be interested to see details of both the STI and possibly the separate shifters/brake levers...trying to get this build together in time for Mayhem...hopefully!

Doug

When's mayhem (I should probably know)? Just found a nice and mint right side sti in my stash with the gear indicator too. Was searching for a matching left but went m952 in the end. Will try and locate the single shifters and brake levers tomorrow and sort out some pics. Need to have a clear out so this sounds like a good start. Do you need anything else xtr as I've accumulated a fair bit?

ishaw":1yr0y41b said:
When's mayhem (I should probably know)? Just found a nice and mint right side sti in my stash with the gear indicator too. Was searching for a matching left but went m952 in the end. Will try and locate the single shifters and brake levers tomorrow and sort out some pics. Need to have a clear out so this sounds like a good start. Do you need anything else xtr as I've accumulated a fair bit?

Mayhem is the weekend of the 15th-16th June! So I'm not giving myself much time! Well my thinking is to run an 8 speed set up at the mo...but I have both 8 and 9 speed XTR cassettes and the front and rear derailleur I have are M952 so perhaps I should go 9 speed! I have a set of M950 v brakes and a m950 hubbed wheelset...cranks wise I have a 5 bolt M739 on the way to me but still maybe an XTR one would suit better...Its all for a 1997 Mount Vision project which I am trying out with the aim of getting a lighter, more simple bike!

Doug

Back