Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
I'm looking for the ones with the gold sticker (not the green/yellow one). Super hard anodised and in very good condition.


Last edited by Swede on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:58 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 pm
Posts: 4851
Location: All you other Iron Men are just imitating
Cor good luck mate....been looking for two years for a NOS set :( . If you find a secret stash of them let me know buddy.
:D :D
Ant

Swede wrote:
I'm looking for the ones with the gold sticker (not the green/yellow one). Super hard anodised and in very good condition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
Ouch! I think the 'dale is going to take sometime...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
'twill be worth it though. Love those old Dales


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
Antstark wrote:
Cor good luck mate....been looking for two years for a NOS set :( . If you find a secret stash of them let me know buddy.
:D :D
Ant

Swede wrote:
I'm looking for the ones with the gold sticker (not the green/yellow one). Super hard anodised and in very good condition.


So when a set turns up... How much are you prepared to pay for them? Is the price going to be silly as people know how rare they are?

NOS would be nice but I'd be happy with "good used" and I'd even take a whole wheel set if necessary.


Last edited by Swede on Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 pm
Posts: 4851
Location: All you other Iron Men are just imitating
Swede wrote:
Antstark wrote:
Cor good luck mate....been looking for two years for a NOS set :( . If you find a secret stash of them let me know buddy.
:D :D
Ant

Swede wrote:
I'm looking for the ones with the gold sticker (not the green/yellow one). Super hard anodised and in very good condition.


So when a set turns up... How much are you prepared to pay for them? Is the price going to be silly as people know how are they are?

NOS would be nice but I'd be happy with "good used" and I'd even take a whole wheel set if necessary.


You actually just missed a set that Nevada was selling off his Fisher. I would have gone for them but he got an offer he couldn't refuse. There is an eBay seller in the US who I know has a few sets Nos but he's not willing to let them go yet. Nos rm20s usually go for 60-90 a pair plus shipping but I would go more for these.

Ant :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:33 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
That's not too bad. Keep me in mind when your buyer decides to sell up. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:44 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 pm
Posts: 4851
Location: All you other Iron Men are just imitating
Will do mate....although not sure it will be anytime soon. :(


Swede wrote:
That's not too bad. Keep me in mind when your buyer decides to sell up. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:45 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 977
Location: Somerset
Thought my luck was in a couple of weeks ago when I spotted this NOS RM20 being used to mount an Onza Aggro on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ONZA-26-x-2-10- ... 650wt_1083

Turns out it's an old photo and the rim has long gone :(

Anyway I'm still loking and have almost considered buying these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151053049141? ... 209wt_1320


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pre '88 Araya RM20's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:48 am
Posts: 83
Location: north vancouver
those look a little rimmed out, I have a pair I will send photo tomorrow


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: newsboy, Smithjss70, Spanky22b, Steelfriend2001 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group