Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:16 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:25 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am
Posts: 1622
danson67 wrote:
Hi, Canuck,

I could do with a couple of those, too.
Could you add some to your order, and I'll share the shipping...

All the best,


PM'd 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am
Posts: 1622
ishaw wrote:
Get a few bushing/seal kits to make the postage worthwhile. I bought some spares from amp and they are good value and the postage remained the same the more I added.


That is exactly what I was thinking :D
I have a 2nd F4 needing some replacement part's so I'm going to see what else is available, if I'm lucky I can get them both up and running
You need anything Ian?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm
Posts: 2176
Location: Kent, UK
That postage has gone up a lot. It was $16.95 last time I ordered, for anything up to 4lbs.
It makes sense to group orders to save on postage.

When are you planning to put an order in? I need some fork parts, but would have to identify the part numbers etc.. I'm not in a hurry.

Cheers,
Andrew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:33 pm
Posts: 2119
Location: New Forest
I'm also up for a group order, Need canti hanger for an F2. Holler if you want ! I'll be ordering shortly one way or the other.

Steve


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am
Posts: 1622
andyz wrote:
That postage has gone up a lot. It was $16.95 last time I ordered, for anything up to 4lbs.
It makes sense to group orders to save on postage.

When are you planning to put an order in? I need some fork parts, but would have to identify the part numbers etc.. I'm not in a hurry.

Cheers,
Andrew


My_Teenage_Self wrote:
I'm also up for a group order, Need canti hanger for an F2. Holler if you want ! I'll be ordering shortly one way or the other.

Steve


OK fella's, I sent off another email to Brion this morning asking about a list of replacement part's that are available and their price's so hopefully (as it's the weekend/Easter holiday) I'll hear back from him early next week. I will pass on the relevant info as soon as it comes in and if everything works out we can get a group order going, get the part's we need and get all our AMP forks healthy again! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am
Posts: 1622
...and here we have it! :D Not a whole lot to go on, picture's or an explanation (of the less obvious) might have been nice but this is exactly what I got from Brion:

Pin & Bushing Kit: $65.00
Seal Kit: $6.00ea
Clamp On Canti Mounts: $50.00 a set
Shock Tool: $15.00
F4 - Oil Level Setting Tool: $2.50
F4 - Seal Holder Setting tool: $2.50

Anyone have any experience stripping down/servicing these fork's?

cheers,
Scott


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:33 pm
Posts: 934
Canuck wrote:
...and here we have it! :D Not a whole lot to go on, picture's or an explanation (of the less obvious) might have been nice but this is exactly what I got from Brion:

Pin & Bushing Kit: $65.00
Seal Kit: $6.00ea
Clamp On Canti Mounts: $50.00 a set
Shock Tool: $15.00
F4 - Oil Level Setting Tool: $2.50
F4 - Seal Holder Setting tool: $2.50

Anyone have any experience stripping down/servicing these fork's?

cheers,
Scott


the parts list and diagrams are all available on Amps website, download and print off what pages you need, as for stripping them down? mine are sitting in a box in the garage in bits waiting for me to order a pin and bushing kit so I can rebuild them :) this month is out the question :( major mot work on the JEEP has just cleared out the toy fund :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoyBurning, nbcord, Negawsklov, rismtb and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group