Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:26 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all ,justed started a new projecet , a Proflex the only problem is no rear shock ,so has any one got or know of a Noleen NR4 shock for sale ? thanks for any help , i think i need it .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am 
Old School Hero

im having the same problem with mine but might be doing some adapters takeing the drawings to my local firm this week.the adapter will then let you fit a fox shock give us a shout if its something you might be intereseted in 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:33 am 
Retro Guru

many thanks for the offer of that ,but i am going to try fit the Noleen shock ,if i can find one (dead or alive ,do you know of one ?) and do the rear swinging arm mod ,to get rid of the sticktion from the plastic bushes ,mine is a 856 frame (or a XPX) so it is not the same as the mod on the forum and i will try to use needle roller bearings and will not have to ream out the swinging arm ,i will start in the morning making the parts ,help ,thanks again for the offer ,intereseted in my mod ? if it works i will do some pics .if it does not work i will not say another word.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:17 am 
Retro Guru

ive got a spare noleen of a gt rts ...same as that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 am 
Old School Hero

royboy2cv wrote:
many thanks for the offer of that ,but i am going to try fit the Noleen shock ,if i can find one (dead or alive ,do you know of one ?) and do the rear swinging arm mod ,to get rid of the sticktion from the plastic bushes ,mine is a 856 frame (or a XPX) so it is not the same as the mod on the forum and i will try to use needle roller bearings and will not have to ream out the swinging arm ,i will start in the morning making the parts ,help ,thanks again for the offer ,intereseted in my mod ? if it works i will do some pics .if it does not work i will not say another word.

will keep my eyes on this :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 am 
Old School Hero

ozone1 wrote:
ive got a spare noleen of a gt rts ...same as that?

dont think they have the same mount on rts ones bloody proflex made it a choice that you can fit any shock aslong as its a proflex one :facepalm: hence why people have gone the adapter route. might be able to change the push rod not sure :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 am 
Retro Guru

I have a couple of NR-3's with compression rod end-mounts made for ~'95 KHS duallies that can be used as long as you have the Proflex rod end-mounts (or can fabricate one). I've done this myself so I know it works. They have 450lb springs. $A40 + shipping each.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 pm 

Hello, does anybody have rearshock for me? I need a noleen nr2 or nr4 fitting my proflex 857.