Proflex Rear Shock or Mounting Kit

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just wondering on the off chance if anyone has got a Mounting kit for a Proflex 856 rear shock, so i can use a conventional Shock (with two eyes at either end) with my Proflex which has and eye mount and a screw in mounts on the swing arm.

I know its a long shot, tried the USA and had no luck :(

Maybe, just maybe someone has one kicking around, or even a decent Noleen, or Risse Rear Shock unit.

Mucho Thanks,

Jussa :)

Google search is riders proflex, sign up on the forum. There was somebody on there who made a adapter for the conical to normal eyelet. I was going to do it on my 97 beast. What shock is on there atm.

simonlovell99":1dk0uw2d said:
Google search is riders proflex, sign up on the forum. There was somebody on there who made a adapter for the conical to normal eyelet. I was going to do it on my 97 beast. What shock is on there atm.

I've got the Standard Elastomer one on my 856, and a home made conversion on my XPX (See the thread on my Proflex build) I did a search on the K2/Proflex forum and posted a topic but as yet nothing apart from try the USA for compatible shocks, which is do-able if not expensive.

I have been Karma'd a really nice Noleen shock but cant use it on either of my bikes without the conversion kit. :(

What about doing the spring conversion on ODS. Also a quick question what is the 856 like, been eyeing up the older proflex - 1996/1997 as would like one. What is the GLS suspension like with the ODS coil over shock. As my beast had the pro active swingarm.

Thanks

simonlovell99":12aqtefv said:
What about doing the spring conversion on ODS. Also a quick question what is the 856 like, been eyeing up the older proflex - 1996/1997 as would like one. What is the GLS suspension like with the ODS coil over shock. As my beast had the pro active swingarm.

Thanks

bikes still a work in progress will update you soon, hope to be mobile this weekend :) Thread link below.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cornholio's RC200":2eiliod7 said:
If you've got the cash, you could do a lot worse than go here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Risse-Racing- ... 2317ae0670

:shock: but :cool:

They've got the conversion for the crosslink as well.

thanks for that link, ive been in-touch with Risse about a new shock and its gonna cost a small fortune to get one sent across:( . I am currently running Marzocchi Front Forks so not looking at the Crosslinks or Vectors just yet but ive got the details saved :)

Still Looking :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Any joy on this? Also after an adaptor to mount a standard rear shock, in case you came across any... ;)

Back