Raleigh Amazon!!!

alans27

Old School Hero
I want one!!! Have I gone mad? Well possibly but then I've never been sane so I'm not worried! Lol!
But seriously, I had one of these when I was at school and would love another. Must have a frame in good condition with all decals there. Thanks.

It's not too far away however i've over looked that one for a few reasons.

Firstly the original Amazon front wheel had a Shimano quick release hub, that hub is not quick release so it's not original and probably cheapo!

Secondly some rather odd stickers have appeared on the cross bar.

And thirdly I don't know if it's just me but those front forks don't look right! They look like they've been slightly bent inwards to me.

I will keep looking on ebay, problem is most of them are down south with no postage option and also the Amazon seems to have been very popular with tall people! Lots of 22" frames about! Too big for me, i'd need a step ladder! lol!

Thanks for your reply by the way :)

Now that one is better, looks ok mechanically and shouldn't take too much fixing up. However the decals have come off on the downtube and I know at some point I'll find one just as good and with the decals still there. So for that reason I'll give that one a miss. Thanks anyway for your reply.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Wow thanks for spotting that!!! I would be interested although he'd have to post it! No way am I driving all that way! lol!

Just messaged him anyway.

He is open to the idea of posting it but thinks it'll cost too much. How much does it cost to post a bike in the uk? Do you just phone royal mail and get them to collect it?

Thanks for the offer by the way, but I don't want to put you out mate. If need be I'll just have to give my Peugeot some exercise and go and get it :)

Back